Powerful and potent chlorella gives this rustic and creamy Fall soup a nutrient boost of vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, zinc, and iron. Enjoy this yummy soup on a cool, crisp night or during a fun festive Halloween party!
Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
1/2 large Butternut Squash
12 tablets of Chlorella
1/2 Cup Cashews
1/2 of an Onion
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
2 Cups Vegetable Stock
1/4 Cup Coconut Milk
1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric
¼ tsp Tarragon
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp coriander
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Take squash, cut in half, remove seeds, and roast in the oven on a baking sheet for 45 minutes or until soft enough to pierce with a fork.
3. Once fully cooked set aside half of the squash for the soup and save the other half for leftovers.
4. While squash is roasting on the oven, dice onion.
5. Add it and the coconut oil to a large pot. Cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
6. Once onions are tender add cashews and cook for another 2 minutes.
7. Add stock and spices and reduce heat to low simmering for 20 minutes.
8. After that cut up cooked squash and add it to soup mixture. Let soup cool for 10 minutes.
9. Once cool add soup mixture to blender batch by batch and blend until smooth.
10. Return blended mixture to pot and add coconut milk. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
11. Meanwhile crush chlorella tablets into a fine powder. This can be done with the back of a spoon.
12. Mix powder with 1 Tbsp of water and stir.
13. Once soup mixture is heated pour into bowls and top with liquid chlorella mixture.